To view your art work you can do the following:
For this design, I decided to go with a newspaper layout for ease of finding the content. This should allow her to easily update the content as the organization grows. A few things to know about this design:
- The navigation at the top will fixed to the top of the page so that it follows the user down as they scroll.
- I used the requested color scheme, but added in a little magenta, it needed a 3rd color.
- For the header background, I went with a background that implies flames, without being to overt about it.
- The black and white header image can function as a fading slideshow, but I think this is a nice static image that gives the top of the site a little human touch.
- The Idaho Faces of Recovery image will function as a slideshow. This will go through the flyer’s / images for events she wants to highlight.
- The Useful Links will be buttons linking to internal pages. Please let me know if these pages are good ones to highlight.
- The Community Partners section is for the logos of any companies they want to highlight (like their top donators or news additions).
- In the sidebar, the Our FIReS will link to the event calendar.
- The Announcements section. I would like to see this function as a custom coded section that is easy to update. Please let me know if you think this layout is going to work.
- I added the Facebook feed.
- For the popup for the newsletter, we are going to need to know what content this is going to have. Keep in mind, that most users do not like popups and Google recently announced that sites with popups will start getting penalized on their rankings.
I really enjoyed working on this design. Please let me know if there are any modifications I can make. Thank you!
Things To Consider For Your Revisions:
- Text size is not going to be to scale on all screens. It’s best to wait until your site is built to address text size issues.
- This artwork is designed for a large screen size, for most accurate representation, view on a large monitor if possible.
- This is a static image, the links and navigation will not work until your website goes to build.
- Please be specific about the elements you like and the elements you would like to see changed.